Monday, December 6, 2010

Sarah Ward Personal Blog 2

Out of all the things I enjoy about living in Salt Lake City the public transportation system is my favorite. It is so easy to move around the city, something I'm definitely not used to.

I love how each TRAX stop is unique. Each one has a different atmosphere and its own special artwork. My favorite is the Library stop. There are stacks of metal books and quotes written all over the glass of the covered seating area. It's great that the stops are beautiful as well as functional.

The light rail is great because it means I don't have to drive whenever I want to go the Gateway or the library. Driving in Salt Lake always makes me nervous. The idea of not being able to find a parking space is enough to reduce me to tears. Also, there are always fascinating people to surreptitiously stare at on TRAX.

Going home to Ogden on the weekends is a snap. Instead of driving on the highway in the snow, rain, or fog (sometimes all three at the same time) I can just hop on the train and be home in about an hour. When I went home on Saturday, the FrontRunner employees were very nice to me. The conductor of the train was so cheerful that it was almost disconcerting. I like taking the train home, it give me time to think and do homework (and by that I mean take naps).

TRAX and FrontRunner are so convenient. They make Salt Lake City seem more open and welcoming. Because of them I've been able to see and experience so much more of the city than I would have if my only form of transportation was a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment