Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Personal Space-Katie Caruso Personal blog 1

This class focuses on individual buildings, structure, setting, and community but I feel that maybe at times we overlook that what is inside the building is just as important (if not more.....)

Bedrooms are very personal spaces. Many times, a person will be upset if someone went in their bedroom without their permission. So what makes any one person's bedroom so special?

For me, its a depiction of who I am. Starting with my outside door (which features my name and various artwork I have completed in my younger days) but as soon as you walk in you're going to find out more than you thought you knew.


Simply put, my room is blue. This room was never supposed to be mine, it was set up for my brother but things change. I have my sound system that allows me to play my music when and how loud I want. My trophies from Jr Jazz and softball line the top of my shelves. My room is my own personal space in which I can hang out and be alone. That is what makes it special for me.
The single greatest thing about my room is the fact that I can decorate it however I wish to. I have lined all my walls with various posters and photos of basketball because it is what makes me happy. As you can see there are some blank spaces because I have brough some with me to the dorms in order to make it feel more like home. Thats the great thing about bedrooms, no matter where you are, you can always make it your own.
Whether its a bedroom, an office, or even a business, making it personal to your style will add a comfortability thats all your own. Perhaps thats the key to a successful job.

No comments:

Post a Comment