Friday, November 26, 2010

Kajsa Vlasic: Personal Blog No. 2




Pierpont Avenue is a hidden treasure within Downtown Salt Lake City. I spent a good portion of my younger years exploring this area because my mom worked in an office there. To this day I find it one of the most majestic streets in the valley.


Just a block away from the Gateway, most people pass this by as they soar down 400 West in their cars. Pierpont is home to an amazing group of small boutiques, lofts, studios and offices.


On one side of the street are loft studio apartments. They provide downtown access but are

still protected from big street traffic. On this same side is Higher Ground Learning - a place where I met some amazing people during high school. Higher Ground provides tutoring and SAT prep classes for high school students. The studio space provides a great place to study and helped me meet many incredible people.


On the other side of the street are smaller boutique spaces ranging from art galleries

to costume shoppes to the MJSA Architecture firm (where my mom worked when we first moved to Salt Lake.) It is an exciting area to walk around because the buildings all show their individuality through their different color schemes. They range from orange and blue to yellow and green.


On the backside of Pierpont Avenue is a similar area featuring restaurants, like Tony Caputos and Bruge's Waffle House, and a bicycle shop.


This area is one of the warmest streets in downtown and I feel lucky I got to spend so much time there during my youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment