Monday, November 29, 2010

Personal Blog #1 Chris Hom

Chris Hom

City as Text

11/26/10

LA Lakers Game

I decided to write a personal blog about the Utah Jazz LA Lakers because I, unlike Bradley, am a true die-hard Jazz fan. The Lakers have knocked the Jazz out of the play-off three times in a row and last year they swept the Jazz four games to none. This made me extremely anger and I was looking forward to some revenge.

This was during thanksgiving break so I had forgotten my lucky jersey and was only wearing a black sweatshirt. I immediately bought a Jazz hat to show my pride. The Utah Jazz started off very lethargic and at one point during the game they were down by nineteen. If you’ve have been watching all the rest of the Jazz games, like me, you’d know they’ve been named as the comeback kids so I wasn’t really worried. I went out to grab my ritual Red Mango and I went I came back they Jazz were tied.

The next thing I know there is only a minute left on the clock and Raja Bell is shooting free throws. I didn’t really have faith in Raja Bell but when he hit those free throws I high fived everyone around me. Now, its Lakers ball and they dump it down low to Paul Gasol their center. He chokes missing a five foot jumper and the Lakers get the rebound. Their point guard, Blake, goes up with an easy lay-up but he misses it too. The clock’s at 00.0 and I’m ecstatic. The Jazz beat their arch-nemesis the LA Lakers. Hell yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment