Saturday, November 27, 2010

Person Blog 2- Chelsea Marshall

Capitol Theater is located in the heart of Salt Lake City. This breathtaking theater is on 50West and 200 South. It is home of many performaning groups including Ballet West, Utah Opera Company and Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company.














As a member of Chidlren's Theater Dance, I also got to perform on Capitol Theater's stage. Every April our company would perform an original production in front of over one thousand audience members. I still remember the feeling of nervous excitement as I stepped on the stage for the first time. I watched the older kids from backstage and tried to mimic their every move.









My favorite show we did was Repete with Pete Seeger. It was part of the 2002 Winter Olympics celebration. Our dance was called "Day Colores", which meant beautiful colors. It was amazing to be on the same stage as this folk legend.











Even though my CDT days are now over, I will continue to enjoy this beautiful space. Capitol Theater has a wide diversity of shows that will suit everyone in the family. I strongly reccomend spending time in this historic building.












































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment