Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Personal blog 2: The Gateway

For my second personal blog I visited the gateway. Twice. The first time was just for a small amount of time though, as it was when the Honors floor got tickets to see the harry potter movie. Even though I was just walking through the gateway for a little bit, I was able to notice a few things. The most striking thing that I saw was that (besides us moviegoers) there were only families in the gateway. There were also very few people there, as I only saw 3 families.

I went later to both view the gateway in greater detail and to compare what I saw originally to what I would see when I went there at another day. It was still night, but there were considerably more people around. And this time around, it wasn't all families, although it was about half. People went individually, along with people who just went with friends. People were in what seemed to be individual social groups, with little to no interaction between these "groups". My guess is that was because they were really only there to shop and not to hang out with people. Overall, though, there was not a lot going on outside.

The stores themselves were pretty busy. I walked past an Applebees and they were about 3/4ths of the way full of people. The various shops around the Gateway were also doing pretty well.

One of the weirdest things that I saw there was an arcade game called "keyboard heaven". I didn't actually play it, but it had about 2 octaves of a keyboard suspended in midair, and I'm guessing that you had to play along with the song, almost like guitar hero. Maybe it's just me, but at that point you should really just buy a piano and learn to play it.

All in all, it just goes to show you that you can't judge a book by it's cover, and you can't judge a place just by a quick glance.

No comments:

Post a Comment