Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Personal Blog #1 by Devan Bobo

Hi this is Devan Bobo using my roommate's account because mine won't work for some reason.

Gallivan Center:

Gallivan Center is one of my favorite stops on the trax line. Not only is it the stop where most people transfer to and from the University, Sandy/Murray, and Downtown lines but it is on a street that is full of stores on one side and the Gallivan Plaza on the other. In the past years, I have really loved going to the Twilight Concerts that were held there and even though they have been moved to Pioneer Park I will always associate the concerts with Galivan Plaza. When I last visited Gallivan Plaza there was a lot of construction going on around the ice skating rink and stage area. I was happy to see that the ice rink has been moved slightly east and is now being used again!

On the opposite side of the street my favorite store is Sam Weller's. It is the totally awesome books store that is full of super old books. I love to go in there and just browse all the shelves with no real intention in mind. I have found so many old, interesting books that are super cheap. Recently I bought an old Recictations book for $1 it doesn't have a date in it that I can find but it is full of old english sayings and spellings. The stories in it are so cute and really fun to read!

If you haven't already taken the time to explore the Gallivan Center stop I say set some time aside and walk around!

No comments:

Post a Comment