Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Nichol's Personal Blog


I have a problem.

I am hopelessly addicted to books. I often find myself drawn to shop windows in which books are displayed. This being said, it was really only a matter of time before I found Sam Weller's.

I found it a couple of years ago, and have been held captivated since. When you first walk in, you are often greeted by the cashier. Chairs are strategically placed throughout the store, tempting you to spend hours turning the pages of one of their hundreds of books. Unlike franchise bookstores, new books are placed next to antique books on their shelves.
This is by far one of my favorite places in Salt Lake City.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. Whenever I do my taxes, I am a little embarrassed at the enormous amount of money I spend each year on books. I am a certifiable bookie, and therefore, certifiable lover of bookstores. My favorite part of Sam Weller's is actually the basement--the miles and miles of shelves of used books. You can find some amazing deals for one thing, but more important books other people have sold or discarded, just ready for you to love. Weller's invites you to sit and linger and everywhere you go there are individuals curled up on the carpet (kind of sketchy), on comfortable chairs or talking in corners. I love it there, I am so glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete