Monday, October 25, 2010

City Library


Last Thursday I met up with a friend and we went up to the City Library's roof. I love going up on the roof of the library. It's so beautiful up there and you can see the whole city around you. I never realized how many trees there were in Salt Lake until I went up there. It is such a nice view in the Fall especially because you can see all the changing leaves.

I also really enjoy people watching. Going up to the roof is a great opportunity for that. It is right by the Library trax stop where many interesting characters are mulling around. It's especially cool that no one can see you watching them.

The best part of going up there was watching the sunset. The west view has the City Council building which is a very cool one. It almost looks like a castle. I can't wait to go up there again! They close it for winter so anyone who wants to witness the amazing view should go soon!

1 comment:

  1. Kinzie: I'm so glad you took the time to go to the top of the library (I do love high places). It gives you such a different understanding of the library and its unique lines and form. I have always had a fantasy image of someone riding their skateboard down the ramp from the top, or children sliding down the curve to the ground below. It isn't going to happen, but its fun imagining it. I'm all for people watching wherever you go. We learn so much about each other and how we engage in the world from observing the way people talk to each other or move through spaces like the library. The light rail is a pretty good place to start, but just sitting in the great room of the library is another perfect people watching location.

    ReplyDelete